For Jazz Band, 7th & 8th Grade Band, 7th & 8th Grade Orchestra, 8th Grade Chorus ONLY:
The cost of this year's festival, $120, is based on festival costs and buses. The fee includes transportation on chartered buses, park ticket and festival fees (this will not include food) and a
t-shirt for the park. To view the paperwork needed, click on the following -
FESTIVAL Payment and paperwork due no later than November 18 - No Exceptions!
Insurance forms provided by the music program and specifically for this festival MUST be completed and turned in or you will not be permitted to attend.
What you will need to bring with you:
Music Folders, Music & Instruments (All must be labeled)
Your white Rosa music shirt and black PANTS/shoes for performances
Your music t-shirt (given to you at Hershey) MUST be worn at all times
Shorts or clothes to change into at the park
At least $40 for food (keep it with you at all times)
Bathing suit/towel (if going on water rides)
Card / Board Games for bus ride
Pillow or favorite blanky ;o)
SUNSCREEN!!!!! SUNSCREEN!!!!! SUNSCREEN!!!!!
Please note that the school, festival company and Hershey Park is not responsible for lost or stolen items such as cell phones and iPods, etc. You are bringing them at your own risk.
Buses will have DVDs for movies and entertainment.
Bathrooms will also be available.
It is important to remember that NO MEDICATION (including Tylenol and Motrin)
can be administered by anyone without a doctor's order.
See the school nurse for the necessary information.
IMPORTANT CHAPERON INFORMATION!
We appreciate all of the parents who volunteer to chaperon for this festival each year. Since we can only take 20 chaperones, the directors will accept volunteers on a first-come, first-served basis. Complete the chaperone interest portion of the festival form and you will notified by February if you are chosen. We thank you in advance for offering to help.
Those who are chosen need to be aware of the following:
1. You must ride the bus to and from the festival.
2. You will be responsible for 10 - 14 students. Get to know their names and faces. You will NOT be required to stay with them all the time. All chaperones will be assigned at least two stations at which they must be posted for 30 minutes.
3. Keep your eyes open for ALL Rosa students while you are in the park.
4. No one can go to the bathroom or ride a ride ALONE. If you see someone who is alone, please approach them and be sure they get back with their group.
5. You need to be aware of all time lines and report as needed.
6. The group can split up and go to different places but must stay in the same general vicinity and MUST NOT walk alone. Be sure they all know where they can find you.
7. Non-chaperoning parents can hang with the group but they can NOT take their child or any other students somewhere else.
8. All groups must report to the awards ceremony at the designated time. Do not get on a ride that will require a wait that would cause the group to miss the deadline.
9. Students must wear their Rosa T-SHIRTS shirts at all time, except when on the water rides. This is the best way to identify them.
10. If a student needs to take medication from the nurse, they are NOT allowed to go alone. A partner must go with them.
11. Have a great time!
Emergency Contact Numbers:
You can contact the school during school hours and someone will be able to get in touch with a director 856-616-8787
Music In The Parks between 7:30 and 4:30 @ 1-800-323-0974
Hershey Park @ 1-800-HERSHEY
2016 Festival SAMPLE Itinerary
(this is FROM LAST YEAR!)
**Report to Rosa no later than 5:15 a.m.**
Buses leave promptly at 5:45 a.m.
8 Chorus warms up and performs at Middletown First Church of God 8:20 a.m.
7/8 Orchestra warms up and performs at Hershey H.S. 9:40 a.m.
Jazz Band warms up and performs at Hershey H.S.10:05 a.m.
7/8 Band warms up and performs at Hershey H.S. 10:30 p.m.
We should be at Hershey Park by 11:45 a.m.
Lunch and dinner will be on your own
Must check in with chaperon at assigned time - TBD by chaperone
Report to Chocolate World at 5:30 p.m.
Awards ceremony at 6:30 p.m. - MUST report to stadium 6:20 p.m.
Board buses at 7:00 p.m.
Expected return time is 9:00 - 9:15 p.m.